This McDonald’s classic takes great on more than just burgers. Serve big mac sauce with fries, slather it on sandwiches, or drizzle it on a crunchy salad. It’s quick, easy, & oh-so-creamy!
Let’s face it. It wouldn’t be a big mac without two all-beef patties smothered in special sauce on a sesame seed bun. A little bit sweet, a little bit zesty, and undeniably creamy, this sauce is easy to make in your own kitchen!
It’s basically a glorified version of thousand island dressing. And it’s easier to make too! This homemade sauce comes so close to the original, it’s hard to tell the difference.
I like to double this recipe and serve it with burgers, hot dogs, crunchy salads, chicken tenders, and French fries. Ditch the bottle, this version is dangerously good and budget-friendly with no weird additives!
Table of Contents
What is Big Mac Sauce
Big mac sauce is a creamy condiment made specifically by McDonald’s for the big mac. It’s made with mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, ketchup, French dressing, vinegar, and spices!
It’s not exactly the same as thousand island, but it is a variation of it. They contain many of the same ingredients, but thousand island typically has finely chopped ingredients like onions and hard-boiled eggs.
Big Mac Sauce Ingredients
- Mayonnaise – This creamy and rich condiment is the base of big mac sauce.
- Sweet pickle relish – Buy sweet relish or make your own instead! Finely chop sweet pickles and you’ve got relish!
- French dressing – For that sweet and tangy bite!
- Ketchup – For that classic pink flavor and slight tomato flavor.
- Sugar – Can’t mistake that touch of sweetness!
- Vinegar – A small amount of vinegar cuts through the heaviness for a well-balanced sauce.
- Salt – Don’t forget to season! Even condiments need a pinch of salt.
- Spices – For a bit of savory flavor, garlic and onion powder do the trick!
How to Make Big Mac Sauce
- Measure all the ingredients into a medium sized bowl.
- Stir with a spoon and taste.
- Enjoy with all your favorite foods!
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, big mac sauce lasts for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Store in a sealed jar or container for best results.
More Homemade Condiment Recipes
Big Mac Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon French dressing
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, French dressing, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Stir until well combined.
- Enjoy with burgers, hot dogs, and French fries!
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or ratings.